Honors Orchestra Requirements 2016-2017
Purpose of honors community performance: to design a concert based on student’s talents/interests that will be performed in the community outside of class.
Part 1: Concert Proposal
Design a concert you would like to perform or conduct that includes at least 1 orchestral instrument. The 1-page outline must include the following:
1. Your name
2. The location you would like to perform your concert
3. The overall idea of your concert: music selections, themes, ideas, etc.
4. Approximate time and performance date of concert
5. How many additional performers needed (if any)
Submit a 1-page, double spaced, 12 pt. font proposal to Ms. Franklin by Tuesday, January 17th. Proposals may be submitted early at any time.
*** IMPORTANT!!! If you decide to combine a performance with other members of the orchestra, you must get this pre-approved and each member must submit their own proposal and their own reflection. ***
Part 2: Performance
Once your concert has been approved, you may perform your concert at any time. Recording the concert is not required but highly recommended. Concert music must be a minimum of 10 minutes in length.
Part 3: Reflection
Write a reflection on your community performance that includes the following. Reflection must be 2 pages in length, double spaced, 12 pt. font.
1. Where you performed
2. The pieces/songs you performed or conducted
3. Who performed in your concert and instrumentation
4. How you felt before, after, and during the performance
5. Description of the audience
6. What you thought about the audience’s reaction
7. If you could change something about the performance outcome, what would it be?
8. What you learned from the experience
Reflections must be typed and submitted to Ms. Franklin in paper form by Friday May 19th at
11:59 pm. Late reflections will be deducted 10 points for each day late. If you have any questions please submit them to Ms. Franklin BEFORE the deadlines above: firstname.lastname@example.org. No extensions will be given!
Download the entire CHHS Handbook here: